Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weekend in Review + Weekend in Preview

-Not much beats the first couple days of March Madness in your typical college basketball season. I guess this year veered away from the normal buzzer beating upsets that we are used to on Weekend 1. Can't complain, there were a few upsets here and there, but nothing truly inspirational such as the U of Florida wins of old, or the Valpo experience of B. Drew. Seeing Wake Forest lose was a slight turn on, but it lacked character and ESPNClassicability. No mention of brackets as far as "MY BRACKET SUCKS," or things of that nature, as the novelty has truly worn off for me. It's for the love of the game folks.

-Chase Budinger and Jordan Hill are on my watch list for their game against Louisville. They will truly have to take over if Arizona hopes for a win against the ridiculously deep Patino squad. Chase continues to climb the draft board daily? Afraid he may be another Joe Alexander? Not I said the fly. His utterly unflappable midrange game will translate well in the league and he will learn quickly that a little effort will be required to create space for an open shot, something missing from the college game. No worries though, "Athlete Budinger" has not been released. October 2009.

-2 seeds losing to 3 seeds is not considered an upset in my book. So will any of the 1 seeds be upset this weekend? In an ideal west coast world (a world we should strive harder to create in the midwest) Gonzaga and Arizona would pull off the shockers. Sadly, my beliefs are that Connecticut and Pitt. will be the 1 seeds catching the Final 4 omission. Good luck to all.....and BIG NEWS coming in a day or two. 

4 comments:

Mike said...

It's been a day or two, what's the BIG NEWS??

I've got a post I've been meaning to put together, hopefully I'll get it up this week.

The Nateorious B.I.G. said...

Just be a little bit more patient. Finalizing some of the details, then I promise to let you guys know.

The Nateorious B.I.G. said...

alex i'm sure you saw and loved this...but if not..... http://freedarko.blogspot.com/2009/04/dream-angels-z-return.html

PootyLove said...

A diablo II skill chart depicting the warriors! i can't wait for the news, i need some inspiration though, hopefully it will come with the playoffs