Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pray Break

I'd say Poot's World is entering the Matt Millen Detroit Lions era circa 2002. We don't quite know when we're gonna get out this funk, but maybe this summer we can pick up a draft pick that will send us to the top. Mike, the Birdman, Pugh just got busted for a Schedule 1, and will be gone for 2 years, and Poot, well... Poot will be standing trial at the supreme court for HGH next month. As for me... I heard the Warriors wanted AK-47 and Steve Nash this off-season... I'm hanging it up boys...

I hope the Matt Millen comparison doesn't relate to what I want to say, but yes folks, today is a great day to be a fan of a bad team in the NBA,. While the conference finals are seeing fan-boys pop up over the globe, and Vince McMahon and the Denver Nuggets are set for a steel cage match during halftime of Game 4, we are given the pleasure to spectate into the future of our miscreant franchises. The Lottery will take place (the one which doesn't involve people getting stoned to death), and my hopes are up, as I'm sure your guy's are, that the the long breath that lasts between the opening of envelopes 9-7 will not hear the Golden State Warriors name be called; Rather, one of those fateful 4 ping-pong balls will land in the 1,2, or 3 spot, and a franchise will be rocketed to blog stardom for the next 1.5 months. I have studying to do, but here are my thoughts...

1. Blakey
Would be pumped, we have a hole at Power Forward for an explosive beast around the bucket. Could you imagine an AB, AR, and Blake Griffin front court? My genitalea are trembling...

2. Rickey
What would be better than a Rick Rubey Monta back court? First, getting to see if Rubio's stellar defense is what it has been prophesized, since he would be guarding the best point guards in the world on a daily basis. I'm on the fence between Brandon Jennings and Rubio, but that's the beauty of being slated at 7 right? Ricky's gonna be something special but the last white lottery pick I said that about was Adam Morrison.

3. Hasheem Thabeet
Wait... Did I say I wanted to get the 3rd ping-pong ball?


If my Warriors don't get what they deserve... my hopes heavily rest on the OKC Thunder's chances. What if this team got Blakey? Maybe James Harden could move KD to SF and Green to PF? 2nd fav team in the league for sure.

Well let's take a break out of our day to cross our fingers, light some incense, and rub Poot's belly. Today is what makes franchises boys....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well, i missed the lottery, but i heard it was a ball. this summer should be better times for this world. i m trying to put together a cohesive write-up on why the Hawks are an incredible crew, we ll see how that goes. warriors + jennings = LOVE