Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Episode VI: Return of the Poot

Sorry I've been away for such a long time.  It's not that all of my extra time has been spent watching the playoffs, I've been working on my Civil War class which is now finally done FOREVER.  That also means that I am officially a certified teacher. Look out kids!  Here are my more poignant thoughts on the 2009 NBA Playoffs.

-The Atlanta Hawks have really impressed me over the last two years.  Losing to a dominant Boston and Cleveland team is nothing to be ashamed of, and with any luck of the draw next year, they could be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs.  I wish that Joe Johnson had more of a defined role. Reminds me a little of Rashard Lewis, in that you aren't really sure what you are going to get out of him on a nightly basis. "I'm a SCORER TONITE! Never mind, I feel like playing lockdown perimeter D and rebounding." 

-Every year I continue to hate the Lakers more and more.  Pretty sure that I pinpointed the reason during the Houston series. Just about every Laker throws on that "I'm god's gift to the earth" look on their face after every made basket. Or they are bitching their ass of to the ref and have the "pouty" face on. PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE ONCE IN A WHILE!! You are playing a game and it is supposed to be fun isn't it?

-The Baseline blog on Sporting News has been KILLING since their startup right before the playoffs.  Well, actually Shoals has been killing it.  Pretty sure he is my new favorite "author" ever.

-Sad to see Kevin Garnett's from this year's playoffs.  Big Baby is highly annoying and I've never enjoyed watching him, including LSU days. And I CANNOT for the life of me figure out why I don't like his game being that he reminds me a little of ME.

-Bulls-Celtics epic series did not turn me on as much as the mainstream media. Simply for the reason that it was a 2-7 matchup with key stars injured.  That is all except for the 57 OT game.

-Kobe Bryant holds on to the ball for about 40% of the Laker's possessions.  That means about half the time the Lakers have the ball, the other 4 players are doing just about nothing except spotting up for an inevitable wide open jumper or a quick jog back to the defensive end.  How does that NOT save a ton of energy.  No wonder Ariza, Fisher, Odom and Bynum play phenomenal defense on the other end. That's pretty much all they have to worry about....and hitting WIDE OPEN jumpers.

-Hoping to throw some thoughts on paper regarding the upcoming Draft in the next few days, keep your eye on the blog.

No comments: