Monday, December 29, 2008

Roll-call

HELLLLLOOOOOO?!! Is anyone out there? Can I get any visual confirmation that anyone is reading this??? (Alex/Mike) More importantly, can I get a location update from our South American friend? I think you are back in California, but that is yet to be established. Remember, I live half a continent away where the weather has dipped to -30 twice this year, and snow is more abundant than beer. I wanted to take this brief vacation time I have available near a computer to look back and grade our previews of NBA rookies thus far.

Demarcus Nelson: We gave the guy some love and he is coming up with some pretty solid minutes when he gets a chance. Considering no one thought he would see any floor time, I'd say we get a...
B+

Bill Walker: Another heralded future star by PW, we didn't expect to see him in the D-League. But the man is tearing the shit out of the minors, and Danny Ainge is on a flight right now to watch a game of his as we speak...
C

Mario Chalmers: "Stuck on bench for 8 year career," was my exact quote. While he isn't exactly sitting on the bench as much as I originally thought, I stick by my guns with the span of his time in the League...
B-

Deandre Jordan, Danillo Gallinari, Javale McGee and Anthony Randolph: These were my prized possessions of my Rookie preview. The BUSTS! I've always known these four would prove absolutely useless in the league and would inevitably taking a flight to (or back to) Europe within a few years. The jury is still a little bit out on Randolph, who has shown flashes of brilliance with Nelly. Gallinari's back has proven to be problematic, but in 1 months time, you'll see why I penciled him in to the busts...
A

Eric Gordon: Another spot on pick for a bust! The kid doesn't do much beyond jacking up the most shots per minute in the NBA and hitting them with great inconsistencies. Am not surprised in the least. The only thing keeping us from getting an "A" on this guy is that he keeps on getting serious minutes for some weird reason. Give up Dunleavy...
B+

OJ Mayo: The heralded bust by draft experts turned premier Rookie of the Year candidate. The man was just built to dominate the NBA. The writers at PW are hardly shocked. We crowned him future All-Star for a reason...
A+

Jerryd Bayless:
Along with Mayo, we gave this guy early All-Star considerations. It's impossible to tell with this young man where his career is heading. When he does see the court, he shows Monta Ellis-like composure and scoring abilities. Nate M. keeps holding him on the bench for some strange reason as the gluttony of capable backcourt players continues to pile up in Portland. I foresee a career much similar to that of Jermaine O'Neal, a superior talent lost on the Blazer bench...
No Grade

1 comment:

PootyLove said...

Young Money: Great Rookie Review....Who's the last rookie that came in and took the reigns of a team like OJ Mayo... you read the recap of the Minnesota game they lost? People were shouting at Kevin Love, "We want the Juice!" "overrated!" Who's the last white college super star who has succeeded in the NBA? Bird?