Thursday, January 1, 2009

Brain Stir

-I'm starting to believe I could cut it as a coach in the NBA. Here is my argument.....
Coaching middle school is exactly like coaching in the league in that their are 15 nearly impossible ego's to please and manage on a daily basis. The ultimate goal is to have everyone work together, but more often then not, the stars of each team just end up duking it out. Then it turns into a damage control scene for playing time and figuring out painless explanations to the other 13 egos as to why they just aren't very good. Installing offensive and defensive systems often goes to the wayside during games as 1 on 1 lane clearage takes full effect. Couple in multiple player run ins with the law, scattered drug or sex scandals, and I've got the perfect resume. Sure the age difference is slightly significant, but I'd have to say the elements are there. I am fully aware that my tenure will probably last no longer then a year and am OK with the complete lack of job stability. Sign ME UP!

-I will continue to tell EVERYONE to ease up on NBA betting. I swear Vegas has already watched all of these games and knows exactly where to set the lines. The most enraging part is it always seems to come down to a meaningless foul or layup in the final seconds. Smart peeps they got.

-Watching the USC Rose Bowl victory and they cut to a shot of Taylor Mays just standing their in all of his 1st round draft pick glory. In a room of 3 guys, Brett and Kirk Herbie, we all fell silent for about 10 seconds. Kirk broke the silence with, "It should be illegal to look that good in a football uniform." Couldn't have agreed more. Not only is he one of the brightest young football minds of this defensive generation, but he looks like Terrell Owens warming up in the Under Armor. Only he is in full gear! Lebron and Dwight couldn't even compare to #4.

-It concerns me that Josh Smith only has one game this year with at least 4 steals and 4 blocks. It happened 5 times last year. And no, I'm not taking the injury as an excuse.

-Sad I missed the epic battle at A.V. High School. Did not think that the empress of Boonville would make an appearance on the hardwood floors, but I'm guessing she is the one that had the keys and was forced into the game. Epic analysis comparing Jim to Amare S.

-DID YOU KNOW?

Did you know that Dan Patrick's real last name is Pugh. He decided to not use the name during his time on air. Looks like the Pugh's of the world only do BIG things. NASA, Swiss Robots, sports radio...

-It's a new year and another chance for us to put a little more effort into PW. I say this only to myself come to think of it, as my life over the past 6 months has just been entirely too hectic. Post January 23rd, concentration and effort will be restored on my front, and I look to do a little more fun and entertaining writing. Maybe weekly editions of certain topics of my/our choices.

No comments: