Monday, January 5, 2009

Its a New Year

Like the title says, Poot's World is ready for big and better things. Although I am too, entrenched back into the university, my commitment to PW will never wane (except when I succumb to inexplicable laziness).

-My love for Anthony Randolph beginning in July has rapidly decreased with his overall rookie effort through January. I'm not one to rag on a guy for not knowing plays, because 1. An NBA team is not an easy system to incorporate yourself into at such an early age, 2. I never learned plays very fluidly, nor used them even though i was the starting pg under Coach JB, BUT have you ever seen a guy look completely lost on the offensive end, and on the way to huddles have his teammates ignore or reject frustratingly his asking of help? What makes both of those things untolerable is the fact he seems extremely hard-headed which leaves unforeseeable improvement. I'm already tired of the guy and despite his flashes of freakish athleticism, have little hope for his future. I say trade him while he is still hot off the first round pick, along with Maggette, for Gerald Wallace, if Charlotte would do that.

Concerning such a deal for PW's COVETED Gerald Wallace, Matt Steinmetz, my new daily NBA read, lists 10 players who would "fit" Don Nelson's style. . Although I hardly ever disagree with what the man says, this article appauls me. He gives a nod to: Andre Blatche, Andrea Barngani, Tony Allen, YI JIANLIAN, Darko Milicic, Darius Miles, Acie Law, Marquis Daniels, Tyrus Thomas, YET, says this about GW... Gerald Wallace, Charlotte: It’s hard to imagine Wallace coming to the Warriors and making any kind of significant positive impact. He seems like just another player you'll bring in and get marginal results. But he’s Nelson’s kind of power forward, isn’t he? Aside from baller Marquis Daniels, if any of those players were traded to the Warriors, I would proceed to puke my intenstines out. I probably couldn't make a list of NBA players I think suck more than that this set of names in particular, and Gerald Wallace is at the bottom? He works hard as fuck, scores at the power forward position, swats, steals, plays D. I'm waiting for him to come our way but something tells me a much darker force, (aka those names above) may reveal itself in the coming month...

-I haven't gotten to watch Rodney Stuckey in his recent tear, and I am asking myself why I am even saying this, but if I had to pick a PG for the future and it was Rondo or Stuckey, isn't it obvious I would pick Stuckey? Let's see, I can't even fathom the damage a Stuckey run Celtics could deal, whereas, Rondo's role has been so nurtured and perfected within that "Big 3" structure, they have just masterfully made that situation work. They turned an NBA type athlete in Rondo, into a PG that kills it in their system. I know he has a lot of fans, so I won't say much more, but if he was to be in Detroit, I wouldn't see him doing near as much. Just look at the hype surrounding Rondo at Kentucky in '04. Like a deflated baloon.

No comments: