Thursday, April 17, 2008

Although I find myself having to skim over every Celtic bullet in Bill Simmon's posts, he's the best bet for laughing out loud of basketball blogger on the internet. His movie and pop-culture references are the best, but when he put Sasha Vujacic on his "All-Hombre Team" I was more than confused. Until I read this tidbit which resolved it completely

"Sasha Vujacic, quite possibly the league's best bench player of anyone who plays 20 minutes or less. He's a feisty defender, he shoots 40-plus from 3-point range, he can guard anyone and play three positions, he's a legitimate threat to get punched in the face during the playoffs and, if that's not enough, I'm almost positive that he's wearing some sort of hair net. We haven't had a so-much-fun-to-hate-him playoff villain like this guy in eons. He's like Bruce Bowen crossed with one of John Lithgow's henchman in "Cliffhanger."

He also threw down the Bellinelli comment, " Let's make a pact: Nobody is allowed to get excited about a summer league performance ever again." Oh well, after the damage I saw last summer league, i am still pumped

1 comment:

The Nateorious B.I.G. said...

I also read that article this morning, i definitely had a couple of actual laughs while sitting on my computer. i liked the jamaal tinsley one the best. even though it ripped him a new one.