Monday, September 29, 2008

Career Choices And Such

So I have been thinking about what I want to do with my life recently with all the student teaching going on. While I think that teaching could be an interesting career decision, I'm starting to think I should give it the old college try towards something I truly love. And of course that would be basketball. When I student teach and coach my little middle schoolers, I find that I am better at watching something and writing about it, not verbalizing it. Verbalizing everything you see is half the battle of being a coach and teacher and I'm getting the feeling I'm not playing completely towards my strengths. While I'm competent, its not my area of expertise. Recently, I've found some interesting connections in the NCAA D2 and D3 ranks who are willing to take me under their wings of the basketball world. None of this is completely final obviously, but I'm also considering taking a course online that can help me better myself in a career I would prefer greatly to the path I am on now. Check it out and tell me if it sounds fishy/scam, because its 1500 bucks...


The thing that really caught my eye is that they work with Synergy Sports, who I also am working for and am currently training for their new software and the upcoming NBA season. Anyways, I know it says GM and Scout course, but believe me, I do not have aspirations of being a GM at all, or even a scout on the NBA level. I would be completely happy doing the good work of a scout on the D1, D2, or D3 level. Feel free to leave your opinions boys. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll just take a boat to Europe!










3 comments:

PootyLove said...

poot, honestly that sounds like a dope career choice. its hard to get to say you actually you do something you like for a living, and we all know here that you are damn good at it. you would be basically traveling around the state finding stand-outs in hs ball? you got the credentials man, live the dream

Mike said...

I was doing some background checking on Sports Management Worldwide, and it seems like it is at least somewhat legit. Probably the best thing would be if you know anyone in the business that you could ask if they recognize it as something valuable in hiring. If I have more time later I might look into it more. Keep us updated on your career thoughts though.

The Nateorious B.I.G. said...

thanks guys, of course i ll keep you updated. i foresee this being a slow drawn out career change, not something i ll do in a matter of months. but of course, i appreciate your help.