Monday, May 19, 2008

Early Conference Finals Picks

Just finished watching the Spurs do there thing to the Hornets which wasn't very fun at all. To be completely honest, most of the second half was spent watching a Dateline NBC Special with my roommate called "Murder, At 45 Feet..." a fantastic piece of journalism I might add. On to my picks for next round.

Detroit vs. Boston

I saw too many flaws in Boston's game vs. the Cavs and I think that Detroit will exploit every one of them to their fullest. Detroit is an even better defensive team, and Tayshaun can defend Pierce even better than Lebron did. Everyone knows Rasheed loves a challenge, so I can see him stepping up his D on Garnett. With a combo of Rip, Stuckey and Afflalo chasing Ray Allen around, I think they will irritate his already broken jump shot even more. My championship pick from the very beginning prevails.

Prediction: Detroit in 6

San Antonio vs. Los Angeles

Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I greatly despise these two teams for various reasons. Personally, if both of these teams lost, I would be happy. This series will rehash my Red Sox vs. Yankees feelings which could result in remotes or assorted small objects being thrown through my television. As far as basketball goes in this series, I think it will take 2 games for the Spurs to figure out a way to guard Kobe Bryant. Same scenario as with Chris Paul in the Conference Semis. At this point, the series will turn to San Antonio before Pau Gasol leads a valiant effort to secure the Lakers a place in the finals. Key match up that I will be watching...Derrick Fisher vs. Tony Parker. Kobe, Pau, Duncan, and Ginobili will get theirs. But which of the 2 point guards will come up big? The one that does holds the key to this series.

Prediction: Lakers in 7

Reggie just being Reggie!

No comments: