Saturday, May 10, 2008

Playoff Notes

+ Boston is doing an amazing job on Lebron but I do not foresee them holding him down much longer. A lot of his misses would either be off of bad bounces, or he would miss jump shots right after missing shots that got a bad bounce. Mostly just a series of unfortunate events resulting in a massive bout with frustration. Don't get me wrong, I think Boston plays great team defense, they just won't be able to hold down the King much longer.

+ It's fun to watch Chris Paul go to work because your natural instinct is to watch the guy holding the ball. And on an average Hornet possession, he has the ball 50% of the time. Next time you watch the Hornets, keep an eye on Tyson Chandler. He is so smart without the ball, his rolls off of pick and rolls are beautiful, and he is always trying to jockey for offensive boards. A true joy to watch.

+ I like Dwight Howard, but I can't get myself to watch the Pistons play the Magic on any regular basis. Because of this, the only solid analysis I can give you is that Billups' injury looked painful.

+ Lakers vs. Jazz has been fun to watch, but I keep thinking that both teams will just turn off their "defense switches" for extended periods of time. Athletes like Ronnie Brewer and even the great Kobe, will stop moving their feet, and settle for sub par defensive possessions. This disappoints me a little, because I know both teams are capable of so much more. If you love streaks of constant scoring, this series will sometimes bring you a hint of the old Suns-Warriors games.

No comments: