Monday, August 18, 2008

Guest Writer Ekbzy

I brought in guest writer Erik Brekke for his thoughts on the monumental preseason game featuring the causes of a great many arguments...Niners v. Packers. Here they are via AOL Instant Messenger...

Post-game 49er thoughts after looking at highlights/box scores:
1) Obviously pleased we could stick it to the packers, although its only pre-season, we exposed their shitty offensive line and dominated on defense
2) I'm not happy about what I saw out of any of our Quarterbacks. Putting up zero points in the first quarter is a little concerning, along with some of JT's horrible throws. Smith's numbers certainly don't impress me either, but I still think I favor giving him the starting job.
3) JT almost got Deshaun Foster killed. I was impressed, however, with how Foster rebounded himself- what a man!
4) I like what I'm seeing out of Josh Morgan, the guy looks like he could be a potential stud. Hopefully he'll prove to be a late round steal and add a much needed play-maker to our weak receiving core. Now only if we had a decent quarterback to throw to him...
5) Speaking of getting a decent QB on the team, I've noticed that Brooks Bollinger is currently the 4th slotted QB on the Vikings depth chart. If we could some how make a deal to steal him away, all our problems could be solved!
6) Despite the ass-whooping we put on those scrubs on paper, I'm still a little weary about how good this team actually is. Hopefully Martz will get these QB's in order and prove me wrong.
7) Frank Gore is a stud, just get him the damn ball.
8) Oh how this makes me smile...

Spot on analysis for the Deshaun Foster hit. What a terrible throw JT. If the 49ers waste 8 million and let Alex Smith sit all season, GM and Nolan should be Auto-Fired.

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: