Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sites And Sounds From A New Perch

-I've moved in to my new apartment on the west side of Madison and have acquired the services of Dish Network. My apartment faces the wrong direction so I am not able to get Direct TV (AND SUNDAY TICKET) due to the monopoly at my complex by the aforementioned satellite provider. NBA League Pass is still a definite possibility in the fall and I will just have to deal with not having the Niners in my life for another year. Which reminds me, isn't it time for an NFL preview Alex? You take NFC, I'll take AFC? Mike take the Cowboys? I'm still curious to know if you have gotten together with James Owen and Kyle Robinson to have a couple brews and watch America's team.

-Best new offseason acquisition of the Olsen household: Once used tan Lay-Z Boy from Aunt Janet for moving her freezer from the basement to the curb, a 2009 3rd round draft pick, and cash considerations.

-Watched Team U.S.A. this morning play against China and I was not impressed. Their defense of opponent's 3 point shooting is borderline pathetic and the turnovers are still way too frequent. On a much happier note, I was pleased to see that NBC brought back the old NBA on NBC theme song for the entire U.S.A. game. All breaks, no exceptions.

-Was up at 2AM last night and happened to watch the Greece vs. Spain game. Spain's defense looks like something derived from god himself. They create the illusion that there are 7 or 8 defenders on the floor with this ridiculous match up zone. Rudy Fernandez looked spectacular. Rubio looked O.K. and didn't receive much playing time.

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: