Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Big Fat Greek Morning

-Of course I got up this morning at the ridiculous hour of 7 to watch the U.S. beat the Greeks. My initial feelings on waking up were that its really early in the morning and I had better get used to being awake at this hour for student teaching AND that our men in the red, white, and blue were in for a loss. My intuition appeared to be proving me right up until the 2nd quarter, when a plethora of U.S. steals resulted in 14 fast break points and an early dagger right into the hearts of our Greek opponents.

-One month ago, my roommate voiced his displeasure with keeping Dwayne Wade on the team for the Olympics. Turns out he is not only our most valuable player, but as of this morning, he is the tournament's most valuable player. He had 20 minutes, 17 points, 6 steals, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, only 1 turnover, and the most ridiculous play of the Olympics up to this point.


Over the first 3 games, Dwayne Wade has shot 23-30 from the field. His only hiccup would have to be going 4-9 from the charity stripe. All the problems I have been griping about over the last few weeks with Team U.S.A. seemed to disappear for one night (other than the FT's) and lets hope they can play the same way versus a strong Spanish team that boasts the toughest zone defense in the world.

-I hate to poop all over the Michael Phelps show, but the swimming events do not impress me. Yes, they are some of the best athletes around, and working over the world in 8 different swimming events would be outrageous for M. Pheezy, but I find it amusing to watch the 70 year old "stroke judges" walk next to the swimmers at ground level while they are competing in different races. AN OLD MAN IS KEEPING UP WITH YOU GUYS! C'MON!

-Being that I live in Packerland, Aaron Rodgers makes an appearance or 12 on a daily basis in the newspapers, t.v. news, radio talk shows etc. Nothing would destroy my NFL season more than watching him become better than Alex Smith (who I repeatedly told the 49ers to draft, but to no avail) and lead the Packers to the promise land. On a side note, doesn't he look remarkably like Jason from Laguna Beach?

Aaron Rodgers:


Jason Wahler:

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: